Saturday, April 24, 2010

paul dinkins.


Position: Community Curate (ask me to explain sometime)
Bio: I grew up in Central Florida, but have lived all over (I have had 25 different mailing addresses). I have lived in New Town (where The Bridge is located) since Dec 2007. I am married to Trish and we have two beautiful kids, Roxy (3/9/05) and Everett (2/8/08). I met Trish in California where we were both in the Navy learning Korean. After a three-year tour in Japan, we moved to Seattle where I graduated from Mars Hill Graduate School. Trish's family is from St. Charles so that is how we ended up here. In April 2008, I started MonitorClosely.com, a digital surveillance system franchise. 


I became involved with The Bridge as a volunteer when we were in a 200 sq ft kiosk selling Fair Trade goods. I was attracted to The Bridge because I love the principles of Fair Trade, and I love that it is an ecumenical organization. In January 2009, I was having a conversation with Stephanie Doeschot and she briefly mentioned her dream to expand The Bridge into a coffee house. This sparked a fire in me. The wood for the fire being that I have a degree in business and in Christian Studies; I have researched opening both a Fair Trade shop and a coffee house; and I am passionate about Business as Mission and ecumenical works. After that conversation and many more, I became part of a team that made the dream of expanding The Bridge into a coffee house a reality on December 12, 2009. And now I am privileged to be using my passions and talents to help lead The Bridge to fulfill its mission.
My Hope for The Bridge: "To be a space for communities to form; for ideas of making our world a just place to be born and fostered; and for God to show up in unexpected ways ."

No comments:

Post a Comment